By Nora Firestone – At the core of the most successful blogs, you’ll find the draw to be pretty simple: meaningful content. It’s what keeps people reading, sharing, subscribing and returning for more. As it raises awareness of authors and their content, it also helps validate for search engines which blogs provide useful content worth ranking.
With the advent of artificial intelligence and its use in content marketing, the temptation has grown to use AI-generated content to keep blogs renewed with fresh posts. No need for content writers, just let AI do the work. However, this method produces mixed results.
And that’s where content intelligence comes into play. With that approach, we can use AI as successfully as a helpful content creation tool.
In this article, we’ll explain what we mean by content intelligence. We’ll also share blog ideas and tips for how it can help you create compelling content that’ll keep your audience growing and coming back for more.
What is content intelligence?
Content intelligence refers to the use of AI-powered data collection and analytics to help inform and shape content creation, planning, optimization and distribution strategies. At Rellify, we look at it as part of our core vision and purpose: AI support for human intelligence in end-to-end content development. This includes using advanced algorithms and machine learning techniques to:
- Better understand your target audience, their preferences and the topics that resonate with them the most.
- Identify content creation and distribution gaps and opportunities.
- Apply data-driven insight and direction to develop quality content with increased speed, efficiency and confidence.
- Optimize your content and strategy for search engines and people and improve the reach, effectiveness and performance of your blog.
- Track and analyze the performance of your blog and articles. Make data-driven decisions to improve strategy, engagement, performance and results.
- Maximize your efforts overall, from ideation to impact.
How to use content intelligence to create great blog content
Now that we have defined content intelligence, let’s look at ways you can apply it to your blog content creation. We’ll include examples of how our Article Intelligence application and proprietary Neuraverse™ custom AI-as-a-service model help people develop high-quality content with more speed, relevance and impact.
Whether you approach this manually or with the support of an all-in-one solution like Rellify is up to you. Either way, by leveraging content intelligence, you can enhance the quality, relevance and visibility of your articles for a more successful, valued and impactful blog.
Define your niche and get to know your audience
First, identify a specific industry or area of interest and expertise in which you can contribute value. Focusing on a niche allows you to target a specific audience, build a following and establish yourself as an authority.
The right content intelligence tools will help you understand your audience’s needs, search intent, engagement, and even the language and tone they prefer. And by further analyzing the AI-recommended high-ranking articles of others, you can tailor your blog style to resonate with your readers. These steps will help ensure that your content is not only meaningful but also relatable and engaging.
Ideation for blog post topics
No matter how well it’s written, you don’t have useful content if nobody is searching for it. AI can analyze the content that performs well in your niche and suggest relevant topics that are likely to attract and engage your audience. This helps you choose what to write about, saving you time and effort in brainstorming blog topic ideas.
Rellify bases topic ideation on ongoing deep analysis of target audiences, their search intent, and market and competitor data. Think of this as your own personal blog idea generator. It’ll enable you to identify content gaps, both on your website and in your market, and quickly and easily select the topics most likely to generate traffic.
Rellify’s Neuraverse™ takes content intelligence to an even higher level, delivering deeper company- and competitor-specific analysis and insights. For example, filters help content creators drill down to where and how they can gain competitive advantage. They can see whether it’s best to focus on topics that help them address:
- Expanding expertise.
- Building expertise.
- Developing a series (great for expanding and building expertise and improving SEO).
- Ability to rank.
Content planning, assigning and workflow
Apply the intel you gather to individual articles within a comprehensive content strategy. Plan and execute as follows:
- Set a publishing schedule. Remember to account for seasonal needs and events, holidays, and similar predictable factors.
- Prepare articles in advance by creating clear, intelligent briefs. A brief includes an outline for the article, keywords and other specifications. To help the writer stick to the main objectives, a content brief should be concise, purposeful and structured.
- Plan plenty of fresh content, which is key for maintaining the relevance, credibility and search engine optimization, or SEO, of a blog. It can take the form of new blog posts, updated articles, or timely news and trends. By regularly publishing fresh content, you can improve search engine rankings and better establish yourself as a subject-matter expert.
- If you’re a content manager with teammates or contributors, involve them and keep track of the progression.
It helps if you do all this right inside an end-to-end solution. For example, in Rellify’s browser-based Article Intelligence application, you can apply Rellify’s topic intel and smart-brief functions to easily generate precise briefs. Give writers the clarity and direction they need to create relevant, engaging content that resonates and performs. Plan, schedule, assign, write, edit, collaborate and oversee the entire workflow process within a single, centralized powerful hub. Ready to export to your website for publishing? One click: Done.
Keep it real: AI-generated content vs. the human touch
In today’s content marketing world, content intelligence can involve using AI for automatic content generation to boost production. AI tools exist for that purpose, and Rellify includes that capability. However, we recommend using AI to help human writers rather than replace them.
In essence, AI-produced content is synthetic vs. authentic in nature. And it’s often repetitive and inaccurate. AI cannot, yet, stand alone as a reliable, trustworthy source of quality content writing. Instead, capitalize on the powers and potential of AI augmentation in writing. For instance, AI-generated content can flesh out a good blog post outline, presenting ideas and important points to cover. Quality blog content will result when humans have reviewed and edited the material to ensure accuracy, relevance, quality and a people-first presentation.
Search engine optimization
SEO plays a crucial role in content marketing strategy. It involves optimizing your content to rank higher in search engine results pages, or SERPs. All along the process, good content intelligence should provide actionable SEO direction foroptimizing content for search engines and readers.
These SEO practices will help you boost your content quality:
- Content intelligence will provide insights into the keywords and phrases commonly used by your target audience. During topic ideation, identify and select relevant keywords for which your audience is searching. Incorporate them strategically into your articles to attract a larger segment of your target audience.
- Use keywords, phrases and other intel you’ve gathered in your meta titles, meta descriptions, meta tags and subheads.
- Linking adds cross-promotional and SEO value to your content. Embed internal links to and from other articles or resources on your own website. Embed external links to relevant information on other high-quality, authoritative websites, but avoid linking to your competitors.
- Promote your blog content via social media, newsletters and other strategies to increase its reach and authority.
- Pay attention to SEO insights provided by your blog-writing platform or application. For example, Rellify’s R-Score keeps track of things like keyword usage, sentence length, tone and more as you write and edit. It provides real-time direction for quick, easy and measurable SEO improvement.
Monitor and analyze your content’s performance
Track the performance of your blog and published articles with an analytics tool or integration. Identify what works and what doesn’t, and make informed decisions for improving your content strategy, ranking higher in searches and increasing organic traffic to your blog.
Revamp old content
Revamping old content is a great way to breathe new life into your blog, and content intelligence makes it easy to turn an underperforming, lackluster article into a quality blog post.
First, identify posts that need updating or improvement. In Rellify, conduct some topic ideation and keyword research and select the right keywords to integrate into your article files. Then load them into Rellify’s “Write” module, turn on keyword highlighter, and watch for the R-Score to improve as you:
- Check the articles for accuracy and relevance and revise them as necessary. Delete or update any outdated statistics, examples, references or other info. Do the same for any links they contain.
- Improve readability by adding subheads, bullet points and visuals. Break up long sentences and paragraphs to make the content more scannable. The R-Score’s “Suggestions” feature will guide you.
- Add fresh new insights or perspectives; incorporate new research, case studies or personal experiences.
- Boost the SEO by optimizing them with your new strategic keywords, headings, internal links, meta data and more. Follow R-Score recommendations for ongoing SEO support.
Engage with your audience
Show your appreciation for your audience by using content intelligence to give them great content. As time permits, respond to comments, emails and social media messages from your readers. Build a community around your blog by not only providing valuable content but also encouraging meaningful discussions and interactions.
Contact Rellify today to see how you can use cutting-edge tools and a people-first approach to produce content that gets results. Ask about our free, 30-day, no-risk trial.
About the author
Nora Firestone is a skilled professional with a wealth of experience in writing, communications, marketing and brand development. Her extensive background encompasses newspaper and magazine writing/reporting, talk-radio hosting, commercial voice work, and a range of content creation and editing expertise.
Nora’s knowledge and experience greatly contribute to rellify’s ability to deliver exceptional content for its clients.