A content platform provides a way for a business owner to share something with the wide world
that he already knows: I have a great business. Getting the word out to everyone else can be a challenge. There are so many ways to reach potential customers and your target audience. Social media, blog posts, influencer marketing, and email campaigns are just some of the digital marketing tools you can use to create brand awareness. It can be overwhelming to determine the best way to reach your ideal consumer. Having a well-thought-out content marketing strategy
What is a content marketing platform?
A content marketing platform is a software solution
that helps a business streamline
and centralize content marketing
. It creates a content hub that facilitates planning and executing a coherent marketing strategy optimized to promote its brand and reach potential consumers. An effective content platform will enable your business to market more effectively, freeing up time and resources to focus on other aspects of your business. Some tasks a good content platform
can help with are:
- Identifying areas of high relevance for your target audience
- Planning content through editorial calendars
- Providing a cohesive approach that brings together different aspects of an organization
- Creating content that performs well for readers and search engines
- Organizing and optimizing the distribution of content
- Monitoring the performance of the content
- Assisting with content creation and crafting calls-to-action
- Developing a consistent content strategy
- Integrating digital marketing efforts, including email marketing campaigns, social media, and other marketing channels
- Ensuring search engine optimization (SEO) through techniques like incorporating the keywords used by your audience when they’re on search engines
- Automating digital marketing
What steps should I take to adopt a content platform?
When adopting a content marketing platform, there are several steps to consider
- Determine your goals. Is your goal to generate more sales? Create more brand awareness? Establish yourself as a leader in your field?
- Make sure your goals are measurable by setting benchmarks. How will you know if you have met your goals? For example, are you trying to increase website traffic by 25%? Increase sales by 10%?
- Identify your audience. Be as specific as possible. Consider standard attributes such as age, gender, income, and location. However, you also want to consider where your target audience likes to shop and what they like to do in their free time. Do they spend more time online, on their phones, or their desktop? The more specific you make your target audience, the more precisely you can target them with your content marketing platform.
- Be clear about the problem you are trying to solve and your brand’s mission. Are you providing a necessary good or service? How will your product help your consumer? Why is it the best choice?
Competitive and content analysis
- Know your competition. This includes direct competitors in your field. However, do limit research in this area only to specific competitors vying for only your potential customer’s dollars. It should also include competition for your target audience’s time and attention. If your target audience is middle-aged women who like sitcoms, they’re probably also likely to read celebrity gossip. Look at how these sources market to your target audience. Take note of any successful strategies and keywords they use.
- Take stock of your existing content. What did you do in the past that worked? Do you know what didn’t work? What generated the most interest? What fell flat? How did most visitors to your website find you? What keywords did they use to get there? Analyzing data based on past marketing efforts can give you valuable insight into your target audience’s minds and help predict what will work in the future.
Strategy and budget considerations
- Review your overall market strategy. You now know who you are trying to reach, where they are online, and what they like to do in their free time. It’s time to delve deeper into the keywords they use to search and to determine where you can best market to them.
- Determine which format works best for your target audience. Does it prefer short videos? Blogs with lots of infographics? In-depth, technical explanations of how something works?
- Evaluate your budget. Once you know who your ideal audience is, how to reach it, and what type of marketing is most likely to be effective. Then, take a hard look at your resources. Determine a realistic budget for marketing software or for hiring a content platform provider. Consider costs associated with training, updates and compatibility with your system.
- Assess your staffing. When considering resources, factor in staff hours that you will need to dedicate to content marketing. Consider whether it makes sense to outsource this task to a content marketing platform.
- With your budget and resources in mind, consider how often you will publish and where. Create a realistic editorial calendar. Identify where you will publish your content. This can include your website, social media channels, and other outlets.
- Research providers. Keep in mind the particular needs of your business and the direction of your goals. Consider whether someone else is using the providers you are interested in. Look for reviews. Talk to current or former clients about performance.
- Analyze, monitor, and adjust. Once everything is in place, ensure that you monitor whether your content marketing strategy is working. This way, you will continue to gain insight into what is working well and what needs to be changed. Armed with this information, you can make adjustments and continually improve.
Why is content so important?
Perhaps we should restate so obvious a question as: Why is good content so important? If your content is not engaging and relevant, your audience won’t respond no matter how many places you post or how often. Compelling content is key
to creating a great customer experience. It is also the backbone of a successful marketing strategy
. According to Fundera
, marketers who use blogging have a 13% Return on Investment (ROI) compared to those who do not. Further, marketers who blog regularly generate 67% more leads than marketers who do not. Importantly, business websites with blogs have 97% more inbound links than websites without blogs. This means that blogging
leads to other brands linking back to your website. Moreover, businesses that blog generate 67% more leads than marketers who don’t. As a result, your business could see more sales among digital users
, increased website traffic
, and higher search results
. Additionally, 76% of business-to-business marketers use blogging to successfully generate leads. So it’s not surprising that blogs are a marketing component that more and more businesses now see as essential to their success. However, quantity alone will not do the trick. Blog posts must be high-quality
to grab your audience’s attention. This is because 43% of consumers will merely skim posts if the webpage is not dynamic. When content is engaging, 70% of users will feel closer to the brand, and 82% of customers will feel more positive about a company
. Because of this, it is essential to use and create a content strategy using best practices
. This concept is true regardless of your content type.
Don’t forget the visuals.
To create a good content experience, make sure that blogs are visually interesting
. Blog posts with images get 94% more total views
. To ensure that your digital content is effective as possible, ensure that your content workflow includes photos, graphs, charts, or other types of visuals. It is also essential to know your audience
, have a clear understanding of your mission and goals and offer clear value to your reader. A good on-page meta description will also help drive traffic. A content management platform allows experts in content creation to develop and manage your content. A good content platform
will ensure that your content uses all the best practices for content creation. It will also provide analytics to ensure your marketing is effective and distributed through the appropriate channels. As your content becomes better and your content marketing becomes more effective, your marketing costs may decrease
. This will enable you to expand your marketing to additional platforms or social media marketing apps. Or, you may choose to spend your hard-earned funds on other parts of your business.
What is composable architecture?
Composable architecture is the integration of multiple software resources sources through the use of application programming interfaces. API is programming that allows one piece of software with another, connecting devices or functions
. In content marketing, it can link storage, networks, databases, and marketing tools. Composable architecture is useful in digital marketing business models because it increases efficiency
. Businesses can control digital marketing across multiple platforms, resulting in a more cost-efficient
and effective marketing strategy
. Composable architecture and the use of API can be challenging for a business with limited IT capabilities, but a good content platform takes such issues off a business owner’s shoulders.
What is a content performance platform?
A quality content marketing platform, complete with composable architecture, establishes a solid foundation for your marketing efforts. But a content performance platform provides a more comprehensive approach to your marketing efforts. The content performance platform developed by rellify can boost your effectiveness
, increase your efficiency
, improve your Google ranking
, and enhance your overall marketing performance
. The company, based in the United States and Germany, uses AI-powered technology to drive an end-to-end digital marketing service. rellify does this with a six-pronged approach:
- Explores topics that will be highly relevant to your target audience.
- Plans a content strategy.
- Bundles all relevant information from your topic discovery for your editorial team.
- Creates content honed by our Augmented Intelligence tools.
- Sends reviewed and approved articles directly to your CMS or export as HTML.
- Measures the success of your content based on pages and topics and compare it with your competition.
A platform to build on
Ready to use a content performance platform? Head over to rellify
to learn what its content platform can do for you.